Thursday, March 17, 2011

PowerPoint Reflection

I have to admit that when I first heard what we were going to do with our powerpoint, I was nervous. I don't enjoy presentations, or reading out loud. What a silly thing to be nervous about, especially since I am going to teach, right? I've never had a problem with it when I tutor, or teach during my practicum, but somehow this gets to me.

I had quite a difficult time with recording my voice. It had nothing to do with the technology not working, no that part went pretty smoothly. But it took a lot of time to get done. I had to make sure that the timing was right, and that I was saving what I had so I wouldn't lose anything. It was also hard to talk in a clear and solid voice. I have a bit of a speech problem, and although I have worked through it, there are times when my nerves get the better of my speech. I had to re-do a lot of recordings, but in the end I was able to put a satisfactory final piece together.

In the future I think that I should give myself more time. I felt quite rushed with the project, and I believe that it affected my voice recording. But at least now I will know for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment