Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Group Workshop Reflections

I learned a lot through this workshop. It was quite different than creating just a lesson plan, because I was able to try and teach it in a way that showed me whether or not it would work in a real classroom. I wanted to try using Language Arts as my area of interest because I will eventually have to teach this subject at the high school level during my practicum next year.

I had quite a bit of trouble with my group. I felt as though I did a lot of the work, and it was hard to work with the others because it felt very one sided. Near the end it was a lot better, but I felt that it was only that way because of the sudden time crunch. I have learned from my mistakes - and that I take from my own doing. I didn't realize that our technology software wasn't going to work properly. Now I know that we should have, literally, ran through our entire lesson plan word-by-word before we presented.
  

I want to try this lesson plan again in the future, and I will still use the software that I had tried before, because now I will know what did and didn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment