Tuesday, April 12, 2011

End of the Semester

It's the END OF THE SEMESTER!! Obvious from the title... but it's shocking!

Time really flies... this is a sad fact.

I was not expecting this class to be what it was. I don't know what my expectations were going in - rather I don't remember - but they certainly weren't like this. I had a chance to learn how to make lesson plans last semester, and then this class taught me how to build a good lesson plan. It's like stepping-stones into creating a great lesson plan.

There were so many software programs that we used, and I had no idea a few of them even existed. I used Photoshop in high school before, and I used to be a pro at it. Now I have to Google a tutorial just to figure out how to frame a photo. Sad! The PhotoStory was not my favorite. I didn't enjoy recording my own voice, because I think I sound weird. But that's how we all feel! Although I think it would be a REALLY cool activity to do with my future students!

There were many complications during this semester. I am JUST beginning to learn how to stand up for myself in group projects. I love working with a team, don't get my wrong, but I usually don't voice my opinion or try to "take control" when I know I need to. That wasn't the main issue though, because it was the fact that technology needs to be fully understood by the ENTIRE group - otherwise the lesson plan simply will not work.

I've met some pretty cool people in this class, and I am sad that it is over. This was my final Education class. When I go to the U of L, I only have 3 semesters left of classes - and I have taken the total amount of Education classes already.

Look out world of schooling...just three more years!

No comments:

Post a Comment